Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Future!

It seems as though my time as of late has been dominated by thoughts of the future. What do I mean exactly? Many things.

Concerning literature, I pretty much read like I'm tearing up the TRON universe. By this I mean I now have a wicked sweet Kindle. While I was formerly a staunch advocate for physical books, I now realize the utility of possessing what amounts to be a Hitchhiker's Guide in my bag (Seriously. Wikipedia and free international 3G? You come up with a better way to describe it). I'll never give up physical books; the weight of the paper and smell of the words are too wonderful, but the sheer ease of reading and on the go access to my library act as a nice addition to my bibliophile-ness.

With school, our attention has been forward-focused on the looming mammoth of Step 1. The first of three nationally required licensing exams, Step 1 is an orgy of all the medical information we've learned or will have learned or will have supposed to have learned over the first two years, all condensed into 8 hours of mind-numbing goodness. Who has two thumbs and is pumped? This guy.

The final sign that I'm obviously future bound? I wrote this whole post from my frakking phone. What?



Until next time.

2 comments:

Brooke Newcomer said...

This is probably a year and a half too late and has absolutely nothing to do with this blog, but you were an English major?

I guess I can stop being impressed by your big word choices since that skill generally develops with a major that requires one to read and write like nobody’s business. I always just assumed you were a biology nerd with a flair for clever words.

Shannon said...

The Kindle will get you. I stayed up til 2am reading last night and had four kids awake at 6:30 this morning. I read through their nap time, and now at almost midnight am seriously considering starting the next book. Damn you Kindle...I don't even have to run to the library!

By the way, you sound like Dad who knows all the technology but hesitates to embrace it. Welcome to 2011, phones can do damn near everything.

Post a Comment